How To Change Date Of Birth In Aadhaar Online, Offline, Mail (Documents)
Currently, Aadhaar card is an essential document for many purposes. Be it bank transactions or digital transactions, you need to have a proper Aadhaar card. You will be prompted to authenticate or verify your details. Having said that, it is important to have all the details correctly mentioned in your Aadhaar card.
What is an Aadhaar Card?
The Unique Identification Authority of India, or UIDAI, issues Aadhaar Cards to Indian residents with a 12-digit unique identification number. The card stores your biometric and demographic data and is used for all necessary authentications. The government has taken the initiative to provide the Aadhaar card to all members of society at no cost. Given that India is a democratic country, the government of India has made aadhaar a voluntary program rather than imposing it as a rule or legal process.
Why is it important to update your date of birth in your Aadhaar?
The importance of aadhaar is growing by the day, from opening a bank account to getting an LPG connection to taking advantage of government subsidies and many other benefits. It is our responsibility to provide accurate information during Aadhaar enrolment. These details are extremely important because they will not only be authenticated when you apply for an Aadhaar, but they will also be stored in a government-owned central database.
This will also assist the government in identifying and removing fake users and beneficiaries. It’s possible that some details in your aadhaar are incorrectly captured, such as aadhaar card date of the birth change, and that they need to be corrected or updated. Mistakes made during the enrolment process that results in your demographic data being incorrectly captured. Changes to the “Date of Birth or Age” and “Gender” fields are expected, owing to enrollment errors.
The UIDAI has made it possible to update your date of birth in Aadhaar both online and offline.
We’ll go over how to update your date of birth in Aadhaar in detail here.
If there are any mistakes in your Aadhaar Card, then it is important that you get the same updated online via the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). Notably, this portal lets you update your name, address, gender, and date of birth among other details in your Aadhaar card online.
If you want to update your mobile number email ID and biometrics, then you need to visit the nearest Aadhaar permanent enrolment centre along with the supporting documents. Remember that you can update your name only twice in your lifetime in an Aadhaar card and it is restricted to minor changes such as spelling corrections, short form to full form, change in the sequence and name change after marriage. The gender and date of birth can be changed only once via online and there is no limit to update your address in the Aadhaar card online.
How To Change DOB In Aadhaar Card Via Online
Follow the below mentioned steps to change the date of birth in your Aadhaar card.
Step 1: Visit the Self Service Update Portal.
Step 2: Choose the option ‘Proceed to update Aadhaar’.
Step 3: Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar card number and verify the CAPTCHA code.
Step 4: Hit the send OTP option.
Step 5: Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number and click on Login.
Step 6: Choose the date of birth field.
That’s it your date of birth will be updated in your Aadhaar online. You can select multiple fields and update them. Right now, email ID and mobile number fields are disabled to update online and you after the visit and Aadhaar enrolment center.
Offline Method To Change DOB In Aadhaar Card
You can update your Aadhar card’s date of birth information by going to the nearest Enrolment Centre. The following are the steps you must take:
• Go to the official UIDAI website and select the ‘Update Aadhar’ option under Enrolment/Update Centre.
• Then, using the search box, look for nearby enrolment centers by postal code and state name.
• Then choose your state, sub-district, and district, as well as your city, village, or town. Click on ‘Locate centre’ after entering the captcha code for verification.
• Then you’ll be taken to a page with all the details about the various enrolment centers in your area. For the correction process, go to the nearest center.
• Take your original Aadhar card as well as a document that proves your date of birth. In this case, you can bring your birth certificate with you.
• In the Update Aadhar card form, enter the correct date of birth information.
• To verify your identity, the enrolment center official will take your biometric information.
• The official will give you an acknowledgement slip after you pay the processing fee of Rs. 25. The URN on the slip will allow you to check the status of your request.
Through the Post
The following are the steps to update your date of birth by mail:
• Download the Aadhar data correction form from the official UIDAI website.
• Print the form and fill in the necessary information to change your date of birth.
• To complete the update request, sign the form after filling in the details.
• Along with the form, you must attach proof of your date of birth.
• Send the form, along with any supporting documents, to the address listed on the official UIDAI website for your location.
Documents Needed to Prove Your Birthdate
During the correction process, you can use any of the following documents as proof of your date of birth:
- Birth certificate
- Voter ID
- Ration card
- PAN card
- SSLC certificate or book
- The mark sheet issued by your university or school
- Pension or payment order offered by the state or central government
- Birth certificate issued by a Group A Gazetted officer
- Photo ID card authenticated by a recognized education institution
- PSU or Government issued Photo ID card
- Central Government Health Scheme Photo Card
- Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme Photo Card
Your update will take approximately 90 days to complete. The new Aadhar card will be delivered to your registered address after that. Make certain you are present when the package is delivered.
© TechyPRO. All rights Reserved I Sitemap